General Industrial Customer
- A Southeastern down-hole production tools provider ordered products from Gulfco on an infrequent basis.
- The GULFCO sales team believed that there was great potential to increase the relationship between GULFCO and the oil and gas customer.
- The GULFCO sales team arranged a meeting with the company in order to better understand the company’s needs and requirements.
- During the meeting, the customer explained that rapid turnaround times were critical to its core business. GULFCO and the customer discovered that a primary reason for the long lead times for the company’s products was that the company required raw materials that GULFCO typically did not have in inventory.
- GULFCO began stocking the raw materials needed for the company’s products in order to significantly lower lead times.